Meg is Well
Last Updated: June 22, 2018
What Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Voluntarily Disclose to Us: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to email updates, or submitting a contact form.
- Information Automatically Collected: We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use the Website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
- Information Collected from Others: We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Sites;
- To send you promotional information, such as email updates. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Is Your Information Transferred Internationally?
Third-Party Use of Personal Information:
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers in various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
MailMunch: This service is used to provide MailChimp Forms to this Website to capture your name and email address if you choose to subscribe to the delivery of email updates and newsletters. These forms include
- Scroll box email subscription form
- Top bar subscription form
- Embedded subscribe form for posts
Jetpack: This service is used to capture your name, email address, and website URL if you choose to leave a comment on any blog post to communicate with Meg is Well or other Users and to capture spam comments through its built-in spam catcher Askimet. The comment form stores your name, email address, and website URL as submitted by you on the form, to respond to your comments. For security purposes, Jetpack captures your IP address when you submit a comment. No other personal information is captured by Jetpack. The spam filter also captures IP addresses for security purposes. Click here to view their privacy.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
We will only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with the law.
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violation of our policies, suspected fraud, threats to personal safety, illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party vendors and service providers who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work (data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, marketing efforts).
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve content and advertisements when you visit the Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org. (http://www.networkadvertising.org)
- Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With your Consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users: If you leave a comment on the Website, certain information may be publicly visible.
Cookies may also be used by third-party services, such as Google Analytics, as described herein.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your Internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve content and advertisements when you visit the Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org.
You can opt-out of Facebook remarketing here.
You can opt-out of Google remarketing here.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our email updates, which may be used for advertising purposes. All email updates sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future email updates to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Specific Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal info.
The “Shine The Light” Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
This Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.