- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon jalapeño olive oil *see Recipe Notes
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely diced about 5 cups
- 2 cups shredded carrot 2 large carrots
- 1 large cucumber, cut lengthwise, seeds scraped out, and diced about 1 cup
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons jalapeño olive oil *see Recipe Notes
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the quinoa out on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
Combine the quinoa with 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
Spread the cooked quinoa out on a baking sheet to cool.
Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, honey, and salt together and toss the cooled quinoa with the dressing. Set aside.
While the quinoa is simmering and cooling, prepare your ingredients.
Whisk the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, red wine vinegar, and salt together in a big serving bowl.
Add the vegetables and toss together. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
Jalapeño olive oil is a flavored co-milled olive oil. Co-milled oils are made with extra virgin olive oil that has been co-milled with whole fresh fruit. This means that the olives and fruit are ground and crushed together. The oils in the fruit add distinctive flavors to the olive oil. There are many flavored olive oils for sale in grocery stores but if you would rather not spend money on another olive oil follow these instructions:
Slice a jalapeño, place it in a small mason jar with about a ¼ cup of good quality extra virgin olive oil, and let it sit overnight at room temperature. Strain the jalapeño slices out the next day and use the flavored olive oil as needed.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4650IU | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.4mg