This White Chocolate Latte is perfect to sip on during the holidays in your comfy Christmas socks.Jump to Recipe
If someone had told me when I was young that I would look forward to getting socks for Christmas as an adult, I would have laughed in their face and told them they were crazy.
But they weren’t crazy. They were wise. Because I love getting socks for Christmas: knee socks for boots, ankle socks for running and to wear with booties, and most of all, fuzzy and warm Christmas socks.
Because there is nothing better for your tired body and soul then cuddling up next to the Christmas tree in fuzzy socks with a White Chocolate Latte. Or whatever else you like to drink.
White chocolate is not usually my favorite, but when paired with roasted espresso, it takes on a wonderful caramelized flavor. This White Chocolate Latte is a treat but ends up feeling not as rich as mocha or hot chocolate.
Sprinkle some crushed candy cane on top of the whipped cream, and it’s the stuff Christmas dreams are made of.
Holiday Low Energy Slump
I’ve been absent online since a little before Thanksgiving. The days leading up to the big day were very busy, my stomach was causing me problems, and I was exhausted from lots of social engagements.
The past year, I’ve really increased my social life because I’ve had the freedom to do so. Being healthy is grand. But I do think I need to practice more moderation and know when I should rein in a little. It’s hard though. I feel like I’m trying to catch up on all that I missed while I was struggling with my health.
Now I’m trying to climb back out of my low energy phase and end 2018 strong instead of sleeping through it.
I’m sure you noticed the cookies in the pictures. They are Chocolate Cookies with Peppermint Chips and I’ll be sharing them next. Check out the gallery below too. There are lots of other tasty Christmas treats for you to check out.
Cheers to hoping you get your favorite kind of socks for Christmas!
White Chocolate Latte
- 1 ounce white chocolate melting wafers 13 wafers, 32 grams, or a little less than 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 ounces coffee
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream optional
- white chocolate shavings optional
- crushed candy canes optional
- Brew the coffee in a Moka or espresso machine.
- If you are topping your drink with whipped cream, beat the heavy whipping cream in a stainless steel or glass bowl on high speed until the cream is the consistency you desire (stiff peaks vs. thick and creamy, etc.). Set aside.
- Add the white chocolate and milk to a small saucepan and turn the heat on medium-low. Mix together until the chocolate is melted.
- Turn the heat off, and use a milk frother to froth the milk.
- Add the coffee to your mug. Pour the frothed milk into the coffee. Top with the whipped cream and dust with white chocolate shavings and crushed peppermints.
Other Christmas Treats