This Vanilla Earl Grey Blackberry Mocktail has delicious currents of vanilla, orange, bergamot, and blackberry and is the perfect mocktail for tea lovers!
I just had to include a tea drink recipe in the mocktail portion of the DIY Gin Bar so I hope you enjoy it. This one was my mom’s favorite.Jump to Recipe
I’m sure if you’re anywhere between 25 and 35, many of your friends or family members are trying to get pregnant, are pregnant, or are breastfeeding. And anytime there’s a party, they are usually drinking something boring and store-bought or jealously giving some serious side-eye glares.
Outside of pregnancy though, there are plenty of people who, for either religious or health reasons, choose not to partake. I myself go through periods where consuming alcohol would be detrimental to my health.
Whatever the reason, it always feels nice to be included, and not as an after-thought. This Vanilla Earl Grey Blackberry Mocktail has just as much thought, effort, and recipe development as a cocktail and you can taste it.
The biggest piece advice for making a good mocktail is to treat it like you’re making a cocktail. This basically means to give it the same attention you would a cocktail.
- Measure: I think accurate measuring is even more important for mocktails. With cocktails, there is always the personal preference for adding more or less alcohol but a mocktail’s flavor profile is easier to mess up without the alcohol.
- Shake, stir, pour, and garnish: use the same equipment and garnishes you would use for a cocktail
- Pay attention to aroma and temperature
- Balance flavor profiles (sweet, sour, bitter, umami, salty, astringent, etc.)
If you utilize these tips, you’ll be able to make stellar mocktails that make you feel a part of the party.
DIY Gin Bar Recipes
Speaking of parties, here are ALL the recipes in the DIY Gin Bar, including infused sugars, shrubs, cocktails, and mocktails!
- Orange-Basil Strawberry Mocktail
- Vanilla Earl Grey Blackberry Mocktail
- Sparkling Basil Lemon Mocktail
- Lemon-Dill Cucumber Mocktail
- Rosemary & Mint Lemonade Mocktail
- Strawberry Shrub with Basil and Peppercorn
- Blackberry Shrub with Vanilla and Earl Grey
- Lemon Shrub with Cardamom and Mint
- Orange Shrub with Cardamom and Thyme
- Orange Shrub Recipe with Yunnan Tea and Szechuan Peppers
- Vanilla Bean Sugar
- Orange Sugar with Szechuan Peppers
- Lemon Zest Sugar with Cardamom
- DIY Citrus Sugar with Lemon and Dill
- Lemon and Lavender Infused Sugar
- Strawberry Gin Fizz
- Blackberry Gin Fizz
- Mint Gin Fizz
- Lemon Gin Fizz with Cucumber and Dill
- Orange Gin Fizz
- Gin Lemonade Cocktail
Vanilla Earl Grey Blackberry Mocktail
- 1 teaspoon Earl Grey tea leaves
- 2 ounces hot water
- 1 orange slice large
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Sugar*
- 1 ounce Blackberry Shrub with Vanilla and Earl Grey*
- Soda water to top or to taste I used Fever-Tree Club Soda
- Brew the tea and set aside.*
- Place some ice in a rocks glass or similar sized glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the orange slice and sugar together until the sugar is mostly dissolved and the orange has been flattened and released its juices.
- Add the tea and shrub and top with ice.
- Shake well, until the shaker is very cold and is sweating.
- Strain into the prepared glass, top with club soda and garnish. You can garnish with an orange wedge or slice and edible flowers if desired.