This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cool fresh mint, hardened and creamy white chocolate, and a crisp and salty Ritz Cracker all combine in one bite in these Ritz Cracker Peppermint Cookies, an easy no-bake holiday freezer dessert.Jump to Recipe
Ritz Cracker Peppermint Cookies
These are super easy and addicting. They’re pretty light too, so it is extremely easy to pop them like popcorn.
They remind me of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. How many of you store your thin mints in the freezer? People are usally either vehemently opposed to this or consider it the only way to eat them. I’m in the “it’s the only way to eat them” camp. I don’t like them at room temperature.
Anyway, these are meant to be stored in the freezer and eaten ice cold.
This is the third freezer dessert I’ve posted. The others include:
Freezer desserts are a major part of my family’s Christmas food traditions. I guess they’re just convenient, easy, and can be somewhat hidden from view.
This doesn’t stop them from being devoured really quickly though. Especially these. They’re just addicting. The cool fresh mint, the hardened and creamy white chocolate, and the crisp and salty Ritz Cracker all combine in one bite. For me, I think it’s the salty-sweet combo that keeps me coming back for more.
Next week I’ll move on to baked Christmas cookies. One of them (Cheesecake Cookies) I’ve never come across anywhere else. I have no idea where the recipe originated from and I’ve never found a similar one.
The other one (Snickerdoodle Cookies) is as common as dirt but I’m still going to share it because it’s part of my Christmas. What are your family’s Christmas treat traditions?
Other Christmas Treats
- Ritz Cracker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Ritz Cracker Peppermint Cookies
- Cheesecake Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Matcha Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Pistachio Ice Cream Sandwiches with Thin Mint Cookies
- S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bradshaw Cookies: A Sour Cream Cookie with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Maple Bacon Ginger Oatmeal Scotchies
- Lorna Doone Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Peppermint Espresso Brownies
- White Chocolate Latte
- Spiced Mocha Hot Chocolate with Curry Paste
- Holiday Mulled Wine
- Mint Mojito Irish Coffee
- Chocolate Cookies with Peppermint Chips
Ritz Cracker Peppermint Cookies
- 10 ounces white chocolate melting wafers I use Ghirardelli
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 62 Ritz Crackers two sleeves
- Melt the chocolate wafers in a double boiler until smooth, stirring with a rubber spatula. Once the chocolate is melted, add the peppermint extract, mixing until incorporated.
- Dip the crackers in the melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with red or green sprinkles. Once the sheet is full, place it in the freezer until the cookies are frozen.
- Store in a zip lock bag in the freezer.
Ingredients and Tools
Spice Up Your Life…Or Not
My digestive system has calmed down a little because I’m keeping a closer eye on my fiber content. I’m so sad though because I’m someone who loves spicy food. And tomato-based sauces. Basically, if it’s red or orange, I’m going to like it.
My surgeon told me that I was going to have trouble with red sauces and he was right. It doesn’t cause any pain when I eat them really, but they just pass right through me.
Which is a shame because it’s starting to get cold and I want to curl up with Kimchi Jjigae (and leftover Kimchi Tacos), Fire Roasted Tomato Soup, and I would love to try all the lasagna soup recipes I keep seeing everywhere.
I tried Kimchi Jjigae and it wasn’t the spice that bothered me but the “redness” if that makes any sense at all. It seems even if what I’m eating is not tomato-based, if it’s red, it doesn’t stay in me. BOOO!!!!
The Sunny Side
But hey, even though I still can’t have some of my favorite foods, I’m improving by leaps and bounds. Yoga is getting easier and I’m spending less time in child’s pose.
I recently had an all-day outing at Apple Hill where I splurged on food and wine and didn’t get sick or have to constantly worry about where a bathroom was.
Even though I was tired by the end of the day, the next day I spent all day cooking and preparing a Halloween cheese and wine night for my family. I’m getting the urge to start running again but I’m trying to hold off until I gain more weight. HURRAY! There is always a sunny side.