This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oven Roasted Pepitas with Curry are salty and mildly spicy, perfect for snacking on or adding to salads, soups, or chocolate bark.Jump to Recipe
What are Pepitas?
Pepitas are pumpkins seeds. For the longest time, I thought pepitas were pumpkin seeds that had the white husks removed. I imagined myself one day attempting to remove the husks from the pumpkin seeds I’ve scraped out of pumpkin cavities. But that never happened, because that’s would be a lot of work.
And I’m really glad I never did it. Because although you can work very hard at removing the husks from pumpkin seeds, you won’t uncover those perfect green seeds.
You will find very delicate papery white seeds. So really, the green pepitas that you buy in the stores come from hull-less pumpkins that contain seeds without shells.
And now I only buy pepitas. Because it’s so much less effort than cleaning pumpkin seeds from Halloween carving pumpkins. No pumpkin slaughter necessary. Plus, I love the pretty green color.
Using Thai Yellow Curry Paste for Oven Roasted Pepitas
I’m making October all about using Thai Yellow Curry Paste, which should be a kitchen staple in my opinion. I keep batches of it in the freezer, ready to use at the slightest provocation.
To flavor oven-roasted pepitas with curry, toss them with a mixture of coconut oil, curry paste, coconut sugar, and salt before roasting for 15 minutes. Easy.
The paste is hard to distribute evenly throughout the seeds and some seeds will have more solid chunks of curry paste roasted onto them.
Giving the bowl you mix everything in a vigorous shake or stir helps.
Other Pepitas/Pumpkin Seed Recipes
If you’re all about pepitas, you should check out these recipes:
Thai Yellow Curry Paste Recipes
- Thai Yellow Curry with Chicken
- Cheesy Thai Yellow Curry Tater Tot Bake
- Twice Baked Acorn Squash with Thai Yellow Curry and Chicken
- Thai Yellow Curry Popcorn
- Oven Roasted Pepitas with Curry
- Easy Chocolate Bark with Curry, Pepitas, and Coconut Flakes
- Crispy Curry Chicken Thighs with Garlic Ginger Rice
Thai Yellow Curry Popcorn Twice Baked Acorn Squash with Thai Yellow Curry and Chicken Thai Yellow Curry with Chicken Cheesy Thai Yellow Curry Tater Tot Bake Easy Chocolate Bark with Curry, Pepitas, and Coconut Flakes Crispy Curry Chicken Thighs with Garlic Ginger Rice
Oven Roasted Pepitas with Curry
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1.5 teaspoons Thai Yellow Curry Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt or smoked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Toss the seeds with the coconut oil, curry paste, coconut sugar, and salt until evenly coated.
- Spread the seeds out in an even layer on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the seeds from the oven, taste, and season with more salt if necessary. Let the seeds cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.