This Gin Mojito with Dill is an aromatic cocktail that feels like a breath of fresh air; light, herby, and refreshing.
I love dill but rarely use it. And that’s sad because it’s more refreshing and aromatic than mint in my humble opinion. While mint tends to relax me, dill also invigorates my senses, perking me up and making me feel renewed. Paired with gin, that feeling of renewal is strengthened even more.
That’s why this Gin Mojito with Dill is a great way to welcome the weekend. Lately, I’ve been really serious about my weekends. It’s so easy to let freelance and blog work seep into time that truly needs to be set aside to heal.
I’m not saying that the weeks are leaving me battered and bruised. But that ignoring your body and mind’s need to re-set and relax will eventually have negative impacts. Maybe you’ll catch that cold that’s been going around, or possibly crash and burn at work.
I think the biggest impact is on the mind though. You lose that spark, curiosity, drive, and creativity that inspires you to keep pushing. So cheers to reinvigorating your mind this weekend, make it a refreshing one.
Gin Mojito with Dill
- 2 dill fronds
- 3/4 ounce gum syrup or regular simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces club soda or to taste
- In a shaker, muddle the dill fronds.
- Add the syrup, lime juice, gin, and fill with ice.
- Shake well and pour unstrained into a highball glass.
- Top with the soda and garnish will a dill frond.