This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamsicle Popsicles with Feta combines the sweetness of fresh oranges and the saltiness of feta to make a perfect summertime treat. Jump to Recipe
Popsicles are a much-needed treat in the heat of summer (110 degrees last week!!!), which is why I really wanted to participate in Wit and Vinegar’s Popsicle Week. Check out the insane amount of creative ways to make popsicles over there.
How many of you played soccer when you were little? If you did, you probably remember coming off the field, red-faced, sweaty, and exhausted. Soon, a team parent placed in your sticky hands an ice-cold orange slice.
Biting into that cold orange slice was one of my favorite experiences. The juice would roll down my chin and arms and I didn’t care because there was nothing better.
As you get older, there’s no parent shoving orange slices into your hands after a workout and I forgot about the sublime experience. I re-discovered it after a hot trail run when there were some really good Cuties in the fridge.
But my grown-up taste buds needed some salt with the sweet. So I grabbed the fresh crumbled Bulgarian feta and had some with each Cutie wedge. I practically melted on the floor. The combination was insanely good and was perfect after sweating out so much salt.
Creamsicle Popsicles with Feta
These popsicles are inspired by that combo and are very creamy and smooth. There is some heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk that makes them similar to no-churn ice cream but they are lighter.
The feta is beat into the heavy whipping cream so there are salty and cheesy undertones. You can keep them smooth or toss more feta in after you’ve poured the mix into the molds.
If you are using popsicle sticks, let the molds sit in the freezer for an hour before inserting them. This way, the sticks won’t fall to the side. Run the bottom of the molds under warm water for a little bit if you have trouble pulling the popsicles out.
Keep cool out there!
You can always turn your favorite ice creams into popsicles too:
Cayenne Chocolate Cake with Goat Cheese Buttercream, Roasted Cherries, and Coffee Ice Cream (cake ice cream pops!)
Creamsicle Popsicles with Feta
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice about 1 orange
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk, separated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese + more to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch Morton Kosher Salt
- Blend the orange and freshly squeezed orange juice on high speed in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and whisk in 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, whip the feta and heavy whipping cream together until soft peaks form.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk and a pinch of salt and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the orange and cream mixtures together until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds. If desired, sprinkle feta chunks into each popsicle mold, poking the chunks down to distribute them throughout the mold.
- Place the molds in the freezer for 1 hour before inserting the popsicle sticks inside. Freeze for at least 4 more hours.